The third annual Springfield Rotary Gourmet Food Truck Competition is set to take place Aug. 13 from 11 a.m.-9:30 p.m. in Veterans Park, but attendees can start planning their day – and meals – in advance thanks to the event’s mobile application.
The updated Springfield Food Truck app puts all of the need-to-know event information in the palms of attendees’ hands, said Edward Bell, Rotary member and Food Truck Competition marketing committee chair.
The app, available for free in both the Apple App Store and Google Play Store, allows users to:
- Plan their day ahead of time by browsing through the food trucks that will be competing and their menus
- See which bands will be performing throughout the competition, and when they’ll take stage
- View a map of the event, showing where each food truck will be stationed (to be added to the app the week of the competition)
- Access directions to the event and parking information
- View the schedule of the day, including when the winners will be announced
- Receive notifications for important news and information leading up to and the day of the competition
“The app really helps to separate our event from other food truck festivals,” said Bell. “We’re modernizing the competition and giving attendees direct access to the information they want the most.”
With the event growing each year in terms of the number of attendees, the app is intended to be a “pocket companion” that helps users make the most of Springfield’s must-taste event of the summer, said Bell.
“Rather than visiting the competition website via a computer or mobile browser, the app provides a quick and easy answer to nearly every question attendees may have prior to and during the event,” he said.
Click the appropriate link below to get the app for your phone.