During a verification audit Sunday of the judges’ scores and tabulations from Saturday’s Springfield Rotary Gourmet Food Truck Competition, an error was discovered that impacted the final rankings and results of the competition.
When corrected, the results indicated that Wholly Smokes BBQ should have received the 2nd place $2,500 award for its “Black Pig” signature dish.
In order to maintain the competition’s commitment to fairness and integrity, The Springfield Rotary Club will award Wholly Smokes BBQ an additional 2nd place medal and $2,500 cash prize, while honoring the placements and awards as announced during the event.
The final corrected results from the competition are as follows:
- 1st place – $5,000 award
- Biscuit Boss from Plain City, Ohio, for its Big Dill signature dish
- 2nd place – $2,500 award
- Wholly Smokes BBQ from Springfield, Ohio, for its Black Pig signature dish
- Fetty’s Street Food from Columbus, Ohio, for its Indonesian style Beef Rendang signature dish
- 3rd place- $1,500 award
- People’s Choice – $1,000 award
- Fat Racks Smoking Co. from South Vienna, Ohio
The Springfield Rotary Club greatly regrets the scoring error, and is taking further actions to prevent similar scoring errors for future competitions. Thank you to all who participated in this past weekend’s event, and congratulations again to all winners. We look forward to hosting the 9th Springfield Rotary Gourmet Food Truck Competition next summer.