Up to 35 food trucks full of unique palate-pleasing cuisine will once again roll into Veteran’s Park, along with live entertainment, a beer garden and more this September in Springfield for the Springfield Rotary Club’s Seventh Gourmet Food Truck Competition. There will be anything you can imagine from gourmet hot dogs, gourmet sandwiches, Pierogies, Empanadas, Cuban, BBQ, Mexican/TexMex, Italian, Carolina Coastal, American, Seafood, Jewish, Farm Raised, Asian, Latin, Mediterranean, and sweets, so come hungry and stay all day!
Live bands will perform from 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. and the Beer Garden will be serving domestics, local craft brews from Springfield’s own Mother Stewart’s Brewing Company and wine, and for those who don’t fancy alcohol, Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Mountain Dew and water is available. In addition to Mother Stewart’s selection of craft beer, alcohol options this year include Michelob Ultra, Bud Light and Pinot Gris.
When: Saturday, Sept. 11, 2021 from 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Where: Veteran’s Park (formerly known as Cliff Park)
FREE Public Admission!
- Free admission for the public to taste their favorite food truck cuisine.
- Alcoholic beverages, soft drinks and water also will be available for sale, as will each truck’s signature dish and the rest of the trucks’ menus.
- Please consider bringing lawn chairs and blanket to the event as seating is limited
- Pets must be kept on a leash, according to National Trail Parks and Recreation rules
- Designated handicap parking:
- Springfield Art Museum
- There is also a row of handicap parking at the Veterans Park Amphitheater in the grass lot off of Plum Street
- Other designated parking:
- Cliff Rd. off of Fountain Ave.
- Springfield Center for the Arts at Wittenberg University (Springfield Museum of Art)
- Springfield Regional Medical Center
- Covenant Presbyterian Church
- Kissell Building
- Veterans Park Amphitheater (grass lot off of Plum St.)
- North and East parking lots of The MacRay Building (100 W North Street)
- Legal parking locations on the streets of the neighborhoods surrounding Veterans Park
- Both sides of Warder St. between Limestone and Water Street along the bike path behind Kapp Construction
- Huntington Bank at 5 West North Street
- Springfield Regional Cancer Center
For Food Truck Vendors
- $10,000 grand prize and multiple other prizes
- Up to 35 spots are available.
- Food truck vendors interested in competing in the 2021 event can apply now through May 31.
- The fund-raising money for the Rotary Club’s many programs will come from sponsorships.
- Sponsorship opportunities and benefits will be available soon for the 2021 competition.