Up to 35 food trucks full of unique palate-pleasing cuisine will once again roll into Veteran’s Park, along with live entertainment, a beer garden and more this August in Springfield for the Springfield Rotary Club’s Eighth Gourmet Food Truck Competition. There will be anything you can imagine, from American comfort food and standards such as BBQ, burgers, pizza, seafood and wings, to cuisine from around the world, including African, Asian, Cajun, Greek, Hawaiian, Indian, Italian and more. There’s even biscuits, brunch, waffles, pretzels, sweet treats and desserts among the delectable delights to be had! So come hungry and stay all day!
Live entertainment will be available from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and the Beer Garden will be serving domestics and local craft brews from Springfield’s own Mother Stewart’s Brewing Company, and for those who don’t fancy alcohol, soda and water is available. In addition to Mother Stewart’s selection of craft beer, alcohol options this year include Michelob Ultra, Bud Light, Budweiser and White Claw.
When: Saturday, Aug. 19, 2023 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Where: Veteran’s Park (formerly known as Cliff Park)
FREE Public Admission!
- Free admission for the public to taste their favorite food truck cuisine.
- Alcoholic beverages, soft drinks and water also will be available for sale, as will each truck’s signature dish and the rest of the trucks’ menus.
- Please consider bringing lawn chairs and blanket to the event as seating is limited
- Pets must be kept on a leash, according to National Trail Parks and Recreation rules
- Designated handicap parking:
- Springfield Museum of Art
- There is also a row of handicap parking at the Veterans Park Amphitheater in the grass lot off of Plum Street
- Other designated parking:
- Cliff Rd. off of Fountain Ave.
- Springfield Museum of Art
- Springfield Regional Medical Center
- Covenant Presbyterian Church
- Kissell Building
- Veterans Park Amphitheater (grass lot off of Plum St.)
- North and East parking lots of The MacRay Building (100 W North Street)
- Legal parking locations on the streets of the neighborhoods surrounding Veterans Park
- Both sides of Warder St. between Limestone and Water Street along the bike path behind Kapp Construction
- Huntington Bank at 5 West North Street
- Springfield Regional Cancer Center
For Food Truck Vendors
- $5,000 grand prize and multiple other prizes
- Up to 35 spots are available.
- The 2023 food truck vendor application will be posted in mid February.
- The fund-raising money for the Rotary Club’s many programs will come from sponsorships.
- Sponsorship opportunities and benefits for the 2023 competition will be posted soon.
3 thoughts on “About”
Should be held at fairgrounds. Bigger and can hold people
Park is toooo crowded
2014 was crowded, but they’ve reorganized the space and last year it worked really well.
Pingback: Your Guide to August 2018 Local Festivals and Fun Things to Do | Sibcy Cline Blog