Gourmet Food Truck Competition Vendor Benefits
- Are you a food truck vendor who wants to compete? Click here to access and submit the application for the 2021 competition.
- View the QuickList of trucks participating in the 2021 competition. Trucks will be added as they are accepted.
- An event map will be posted the week of the competition to find out where your favorite truck is stationed.
- Download our mobile app to have all event details, trucks, menus and more at your fingertips.
- Electricity will be provided to the food truck vendors by the Springfield Rotary Club and bulk ice will be available for food truck vendors to purchase.
- Applications are now open through June 30. Up to 35 Food Trucks are accepted.
- Springfield Rotary will issue news releases to promote the event and its participants
- Submitted feature stories on Food Truck Vendors in various publications
- Published event listing in local and regional publications
- Published food truck profiles featured on the event website, Facebook and Twitter.
- Vendors retain 100 percent of their sales
- More than 10,000 attendees
- $18,000 in prizes including a $10,000 grand prize to the winning food truck.
- Proceeds of the event support various Rotary projects including Services to People with Disabilities, Polio Plus (the worldwide eradication of Polio) and the International Project in Lesotho.
- The 2021 vendor application is now available through June 30 to enter your truck in the competition.
- Interested in sponsoring the event? Sponsorship opportunities will be posted soon!
How Judging Works:
- The winner of the $10,000 grand prize for Best Food Truck, the $5,000 Runner Up and $2,000 Third Place truck will be decided by a panel of five local professional chefs and at least five roving anonymous volunteer judges.
- The chef judges will base their scores on a combination of factors including: Flavor/Taste, Presentation/Visual Appeal and Creativity/Originality from a signature dish chosen by the truck, to be delivered at a prescribed time without disclosure of the truck’s identity.
- The anonymous judges will provide scores Truck/Cart Design, Customer Service/Friendliness/Hospitality and Menu Variety/Value/Originality that will be added to the chef judges’ scores to determine the first through third place winners.
- A $1,000 “People’s Choice” award winner will also be determined by attendee votes the day of the competition. Attendees will be limited to one vote per mobile device for their favorite food truck.