Gourmet Food Truck Competition Vendor Benefits
- This year’s competition will be held Saturday, Aug. 19, 2023.
- Click here to apply to be considered for this year’s competition. Application are being accepted through April 30.
- Download our mobile app to have all event details, trucks, menus and more at your fingertips.
- Electricity will be provided to the food truck vendors by the Springfield Rotary Club and bulk ice will be available for food truck vendors to purchase.
- Click here to apply for the 2023 competition. Up to 35 Food Trucks are accepted.
- Springfield Rotary will issue news releases to promote the event and its participants
- Submitted feature stories on Food Truck Vendors in various publications
- Published event listing in local and regional publications
- Published food truck profiles featured on the event website, Facebook and Twitter.
- Vendors retain 100 percent of their sales
- More than 10,000 attendees
- $10,000 in prizes including a $5,000 grand prize to the winning food truck.
- Proceeds of the event support various Rotary projects including services to people with disabilities, support of local charities/nonprofits/teachers, Polio Plus (for the worldwide eradication of Polio) and the International Project in Lesotho.
- Applications are now being accepted through April 30.
- Interested in sponsoring the event? Click here to learn more about sponsorship opportunities for the 2023 competition.
How Judging Works:
- The winner of the $5,000 grand prize for Best Food Truck, the $2,500 Runner Up and $1,500 Third Place truck will be decided by a panel of five local professional chefs and at least five roving anonymous volunteer judges.
- The chef judges will base their scores on a combination of factors including: Flavor/Taste, Presentation/Visual Appeal and Creativity/Originality from a signature dish chosen by the truck, to be delivered at a prescribed time without disclosure of the truck’s identity.
- The anonymous judges will provide scores Truck/Cart Design, Customer Service/Friendliness/Hospitality and Menu Variety/Value/Originality that will be added to the chef judges’ scores to determine the first through third place winners.
- A $1,000 “People’s Choice” award winner will also be determined by attendee votes the day of the competition. Attendees will be limited to one vote per mobile device for their favorite food truck.
6 thoughts on “Food Truck Vendors”
Pingback: Competition to Bring Food Truck Craze to Springfield | Springfield Food Trucks
What a lovely idea. This is very exciting
I like this as well. I want to purchase something from Kinetic, they seem very similar to the cuisine in Yellow Springs, Ohio.
Georgette, we need to get you up to Columbus sometime!
I am the cofounder of Kinetic and what you said makes me SO excited. There is another big food truck festival in Columbus on the same day as this event so we will try to be at both places if we can OR we will just have to get you up to Columbus at some other point in the summer!
Hoping to see you soon,
We had a fabulous time! I hope this becomes a yearly (if not more often) event. We loved the variety of vendors and the foods they brought. Excellent way to showcase great local food and businesses. Suggestion: Maybe next year invite the craft brew folks too?